International Association "CAUCASUS: Ethnic Relations, Human Rights, Geopolitics" (IACERHRG) was founded in October 29, 1998, in Tbilisi, by the organizers and participants of the International Conference "The Genocide of the Caucasian Peoples". IACERHRG is an International Non-Governmental, Research and Educational, Non-profit, Euro-Sceptic Organization.
Main goals of the IACERHRG are:
1. Permanent monitoring of the Human Rights situation in the Caucasus
2. Study the Ethnic Relations and Ethnic Conflicts in the Caucasus
3. Study the History of the Human Rights and National-Liberation movements in the Caucasus
4. Study the History of the Caucasian Nations
5. Study the History of the Intercultural Relations of the Caucasian Nations
6. Study the questions of the Caucasian Geopolitics
7. Study the Rights of the Nations
8. Permanent activity against dictatorship and censorship in the Caucasus
9. Educational and publishing activities, etc.
Number of Individual Members of the IACERHRG: approximately 250 (from 25
countries). Number of Member Organizations: 10.
Local Sections of the IACERHRG:
1. The Section of the Netherlands,
2. The Section of the Republic of Georgia,
3. The Section of the USA.
IACERHRG is: A Member Organization of the NGO Coalition for an International Criminal Court (CICC) A Member Organization of the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA), A Member Organization of the HURPEC International Network, Affiliate Organization of the International Relations and Security Network (ISN), Affiliate Member of the Mandate the Future (MTF) Network, Participating Organization of the United Nations "We the Peoples" Initiative, Partner Organization of the Global Volunteer Network, Observer Organization of the National Center for Freedom and Democracy of Georgia.
IACERHRG is registered in the Netherlands (Registration No: S 86228-Sub).
The Association is registered also by the Union of International Associations (UIA, Belgium).
In February 23-25, 2000, IACERHRG was one of organizers of the 1st International Congress "The Contemporary World and Human Rights in Georgia" (Batumi, Republic of Georgia).
Chairman of the Association is Dr. Levan Z. Urushadze (Republic of Georgia).