World Goodwill is an organised movement founded in 1932 to help establish right human relations based on the principles of brotherhood, human unity, sharing and cooperation and on the fundamental rights and freedoms embodied in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human rights. World Goodwill is a global service organisation working to solve humanity’s problems through the constructive power of goodwill and practicing the principle of non-discrimination in race, religion, ideology, and political and economic convictions. Its activities are essentially educational.
The objectives of World Goodwill are to:
- Stimulate and encourage all people of goodwill everywhere to establish right human relations between races, religions, nations and classes through understanding and communication.
- Assist people of goodwill in their studies of world problems and promote cooperation and sharing for the common good.
- Cooperate with other organisations in constructive activities contributing to world unity, stability and right human relations.
- Make available up-to-date information on constructive current action in the main areas of human life through publication of a quarterly newsletter and goodwill commentaries on issues of world interest.
- Aid in establishing goodwill as the keynote of the new civilization.
- Support the work of the United Nations and its specialized agencies as the best hope for a united and Peaceful world.
These goals have been actively pursued through:
- the World Goodwill Newsletter, a quarterly publication highlighting the energy of goodwill in world affairs, and presented with a universal spiritual approach to topics of concern.
- study papers dealing with some of humanity’s major problems.
- publications in many languages presenting the principles underlying right human relations, and the fact of a divine Plan as spiritual reality working out in crucial areas of human affairs, including education, religion, finance, political and world events, etc.
- commentaries displaying evidence of the emerging new age civilization with comment on current world events.
- symposiums and forums which provide platforms for information and discussion of world problems and issues.